[comp.unix.xenix] UNaXcess on SCO XENIX / AT

miket@ncoast.UUCP (Michael Taht) (06/15/87)

In article <2634@ncoast.UUCP> mikea@ncoast.UUCP (Michael J. Ashburn) writes:

>I have an IBM AT running XENIX 5.0 (2.1.3) and am trying to get the UNaXcess
>UNIX based BBS running on it. After 4 months I still have not made it. Is
>there anyone that has this BBS compiled and running on their system? If so
>I would like to here how you did it or even finagle a copy from you. Any
>help would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks Mike     [mikea@ncoast]

I have SCO V.2.2 on my AT-I had successfully compiled UnaXcess earlier
on V.1.3 however. As I recall, I compiled it with a large (x5000) stack size
medium model (-Mm) with -O. Also, rev 1.00.02 was nessessary-1.00.01 was missing
some stuff. I don't remember now-but there might have been a few MSC bugs to
take care of: usually of the form: a->b[c++]; The compiler error is
Compiler error: Infinite Spill @ line XXXX. replace a->b[c++] with a->b[c]; c++;
And you'll be fine. What else? Uh, large model won't ever work (Pointer
arithmetic) and once you get it compiled there are quite a few bugs-which may
or may not be pointer problems. I lean towards insufficient memory nowadays.
Bugs: MRN doesn't work. MRRN does. MS flames out, DL/s don't work (could be my
fault-wrong permissions?) etc. etc. You can see a working version on my system:
609-391-0037, login "ubbs". If you like, I'll grant you system access-
I have a working 16 bit compress, emacs 3.8i, etc.
Mike Taht
peng!sir-alan!tahtline!miket
Voice: 609-391-0033
PS Upgrade to V.2.2 It's WORTH it!