[comp.unix.xenix] emacs for xenix

mike@ivory.SanDiego.NCR.COM (Mike Lodman) (07/10/87)

Does someone have the source for a version of emacs that runs under
Xenix? Could you please email or post it to comp.sources.unix?

Michael Lodman
Advanced Development
E&M San Diego
sdcsvax!ncr-sd!ivoryal,ddl

root@conexch.UUCP (Super user) (07/13/87)

You can get a copy of uEMACS v38 that compiles fine on SCO Xenix 2.2.0
from The Consultants' Exchange  public access system.  Login as
nuucp and request /usr/spool/uucppublic/emacs38.tar.Z.  The file
/usr/spool/uucp/FILES contains descriptions of many other Xenix programs
available.

davidsen@steinmetz.steinmetz.UUCP (William E. Davidsen Jr) (07/15/87)

In article <147@ivory.SanDiego.NCR.COM> mike@ivory.UUCP (Michael Lodman) writes:
|Does someone have the source for a version of emacs that runs under
|Xenix? Could you please email or post it to comp.sources.unix?

I posted microemacs v3.8i to comp.sources.misc about 3 weeks ago.
It runs beautifully in large model.

--
	bill davidsen		(wedu@ge-crd.arpa)
  {chinet | philabs | sesimo}!steinmetz!crdos1!davidsen

randy@chinet.UUCP (Randy Suess) (07/16/87)

In article <6708@steinmetz.steinmetz.UUCP> davidsen@kbsvax.steinmetz.UUCP (William E. Davidsen Jr) writes:
>|Does someone have the source for a version of emacs that runs under
>|Xenix? Could you please email or post it to comp.sources.unix?
>
>I posted microemacs v3.8i to comp.sources.misc about 3 weeks ago.

	JOVE also runs just fine under Microport.  It was recently
posted to comp.sources, and according to the author, Jonathan Payne,
a newer version will be posted Real Soon Now.

--
that's the biz, sweetheart.....
Randy Suess

root@conexch.UUCP (Super user) (07/16/87)

In article <6708@steinmetz.steinmetz.UUCP>, davidsen@steinmetz.steinmetz.UUCP (William E. Davidsen Jr) writes:
> In article <147@ivory.SanDiego.NCR.COM> mike@ivory.UUCP (Michael Lodman) writes:
> |Does someone have the source for a version of emacs that runs under
> |Xenix? Could you please email or post it to comp.sources.unix?

You'll find a copy of emacs38.tar.Z on The Consultants' Exchange in the
/usr/spool/uucppublic directory.  There are many other useful programs
for Xenix there too.

You can access these files directly by logging in as guest or remotely
by uucp; login: nuucp.

--
Larry Dighera:
The Consultants' Exchange BBS: (714) 842-6348: IBM-PC BBS

ron@topaz.rutgers.edu (Ron Natalie) (07/16/87)

I use one of the earlier versions of JOVE.  It's small, fast, and
easy to port.  The later versions are full of creeping featurisms
and aren't nearly as attractive.

-Ron