[comp.unix.xenix] Does XENIX have sockets?

dtsai@uvicctr.UUCP (David Tsai) (07/24/87)

In article <114@dalcsug.UUCP> dalegass@dalcsug.UUCP (Dale Gass) writes:
>I've just recently been setting up and using XENIX, so pleae bear with me.
>
>Does XENIX support interprocess communication through the use of sockets?
>I've found not mention of them, so I assume they don't exist.  What method
>does XENIX use for interprocess stuff such as piping, etc?
>
>Also: Could anyone give me a list of vendors for XENIX software, or at
>least some indication of the availability...

I am also in the same situation.  I, too, am interested in knowing if
XENIX supports sockets, especially on the IBM microcomputers.

I am trying to get sockets going on the IBM AT (with the 80286 processor) and on
the XT 286.  The IBMs are hooked via the 3Com 3C501 half-size Ethernet.  Man,
am I ever having a hard time at it!

Please keep me posted too.

Aside: I have just started to use this news network, so I hope this letter
gets out and that my address is correct.  Cross my fingers.

--
David Tsai
...!{uw-beaver!ssc-vax, ubc-vision}!uvicctr!dtsai