[comp.unix.xenix] Xenix file size

mike@ivory.SanDiego.NCR.COM (Michael Lodman) (07/28/87)

I am unable to create files greater than 2Meg on my Xenix 2.1.3
system. Can someone tell me how to fix this problem?

--
Michael Lodman  (619) 485-3335
Advanced Development NCR Corporation E&M San Diego

peter@citcom.UUCP (Peter Klosky) (07/28/87)

> I am unable to create files greater than 2Meg on my Xenix 2.1.3
> system. Can someone tell me how to fix this problem?
Have you checked the ULIMIT setting in your /etc/default/login?
We had to change this here on 2.1.3 SCO, and often create large files.
--
Peter Klosky, Citcom Systems (materiel de telecommunications)
seismo!vrdxhq!baskin!citcom!peter (703) 689-2800 x 235

ericg@sco.UUCP (Eric Griswold) (07/28/87)

In article <150@ivory.SanDiego.NCR.COM> mike@ivory.UUCP (Michael Lodman) writes:
>I am unable to create files greater than 2Meg on my Xenix 2.1.3
>system. Can someone tell me how to fix this problem?
>--
>Michael Lodman  (619) 485-3335

Under releases prior to 2.2.0 of the operating system, the system ULIMIT
was set to 2MB.  To change this, you need to add a line to /etc/default/login
like:
   ULIMIT=x

where x is the number of 512 byte blocks for the new ulimit.

--
Eric Griswold
Quote:  3 more of these will make a gallon

brian@ncrcan.UUCP (Brian Onn) (07/29/87)

In article <150@ivory.SanDiego.NCR.COM> you write:
>I am unable to create files greater than 2Meg on my Xenix 2.1.3
>system. Can someone tell me how to fix this problem?

Try changing the ULIMIT variable in /etc/default/login.

----
Brian Onn
NCR Canada,
Systems Engineering Division