[comp.unix.xenix] Dropping carrier on a modem line

mdella@polyslo.UUCP (Marcos R. Della) (09/03/87)

I'm having the following problem with my xenix box. I'm using  an Intel
310 computer (12 users) and have a dialin line on it. I haven't been able
to figure out how to have the computer drop DTR on the modem line or have it
in some way disconnect the user when he logs off. Does anyone have this
information or know of someone who might?

Thanks for any help available...

--
...!lll-crg --> !csustan --\                         | Whatever I said doesn't
  ...!ihnp4 --> !csun -----/                         | it even before finishing
             ...!dmsd ----/                          | typing it all out!!!

vrs@littlei.UUCP (Vincent R. Slyngstad) (09/06/87)

In article <431@polyslo.UUCP>, mdella@polyslo.UUCP (Marcos R. Della) writes:
> I'm having the following problem with my xenix box. I'm using  an Intel
> 310 computer (12 users) and have a dialin line on it. I haven't been able
> to figure out how to have the computer drop DTR on the modem line or have it
> in some way disconnect the user when he logs off. Does anyone have this
> information or know of someone who might?

You need to configure the board for a modem pin-out (if you haven't already) and
then remake the device node with 64 added to the minor number.  If your system
were quite old (say, a 17 Mb or an early 40 Mb model), there would be some
chance that a firmware upgrade would be required (however, your system is
a 12 user model, implying it is newer than that, and that your serial controller
is almost certainly a 188/48 board).
--
Vincent R. Slyngstad
UNIX Evaluation Engineering