[comp.unix.xenix] RN Problems with SCO's Port to XENIX V 2.2.1

raj@spl1.UUCP (Robert Alan Johnson) (09/13/87)

I have been having occasional problems with RN having
problems bombing out during article saves.

The version I am running was gotten from SCO itself?

Anybody find something similar?

Anybody got any advice?

Robert A. Johnson
ihnp4!laidbak!spl1!raj

ray@madnix.UUCP (Ray P. Hill) (09/15/87)

In article <427@spl1.UUCP> raj@spl1.UUCP (Robert Alan Johnson) writes:
>I have been having occasional problems with RN having
>problems bombing out during article saves.
>The version I am running was gotten from SCO itself?
>Anybody find something similar?
>Anybody got any advice?
>Robert A. Johnson
>ihnp4!laidbak!spl1!raj

I had the same problem with it. To fix try re-linking it with the "-F 8000"
option. It seems that the save option needs a larger stack size.

That's what fixed my rn problem.

						Ray Hill
--
UUCP: {harvard,seismo,rutgers}!uwvax!nicmad!madnix!ray
            {ihnp4,decvax,terminus}/

las@msudoc.ee.mich-state.edu (Larry A. Sheilds {runs Lunapark}) (09/16/87)

Who do you talk to at SCO to get the SCO port of rn?  Do they have
other interesting things like that available?

        ==larry

LARRY SHIELDS                        UUCP: ...!ihnp4!msudoc!lunapark!larry
P.O. Box 6159                        BIX:  lshields
E. Lansing, MI 48823                 Compuserve: 70277, 3677

BBS: lunapark 1200/2400 8-1-N  24hrs 7 days a week  (517) 337-3844 login: bbs