[comp.unix.xenix] Wanted: Fix for /etc/shmcreate for Microport 2.2.0

rickers@drexel.UUCP (Rick Wargo) (09/10/87)

Help!  I saw a lot of references to a patch to Microport Unix 2.2.0
to fix the problem why shmcreate doesn't work.  I would really like
to have the patch, or whatever it is.  Could someone please mail it
to me?  Thanks in advance ....
					Rickers
					..!drexel!rickers

lee@minnow.UUCP (Gene Lee ) (09/11/87)

In article <498@drexel.UUCP> rickers@drexel.UUCP (Rick Wargo) writes:

>Help!  I saw a lot of references to a patch to Microport Unix 2.2.0
>to fix the problem why shmcreate doesn't work.  I would really like
>to have the patch, or whatever it is.  Could someone please mail it
>to me?  Thanks in advance ....

I never seen these patched go out on the net either.  Rather than send
out mail copies, would someone who has them just go ahead and
repost them.

Thanks

Gene Lee (612) 635-6334 Unisys

--
Gene Lee UUCP: ...ihnp4!{meccts,dayton,rosevax}!ems!minnow!lee
UNISYS Corporation     ATT:  (612) 635-6334

bhj@clsib21.UUCP (Burt Janz) (09/15/87)

In article <944@minnow.UUCP>, lee@minnow.UUCP (Gene Lee ) writes:
> In article <498@drexel.UUCP> rickers@drexel.UUCP (Rick Wargo) writes:
> >
> >Help!  I saw a lot of references to a patch to Microport Unix 2.2.0
> >to fix the problem why shmcreate doesn't work.  I would really like
> >to have the patch, or whatever it is.  Could someone please mail it
> >to me?  Thanks in advance ....
>
> I never seen these patched go out on the net either.  Rather than send
> out mail copies, would someone who has them just go ahead and
> repost them.

I can't remember... I think I sent them before... ah well, here they are
again...

patch /etc/shmcreate -b +-831 noerror 74<CR>

That's from Microport, itself.

Burt Janz

contact at: decvax!bhjat!bhj

jmsully@suprt.UUCP (09/25/87)

In article <498@drexel.UUCP>, rickers@drexel.UUCP (Rick Wargo) writes:

> Help!  I saw a lot of references to a patch to Microport Unix 2.2.0
> to fix the problem why shmcreate doesn't work.

	/etc/patch /etc/shmcreate -b +-831 noerror 74

John M. Sully         UUCP: ...!{sun | ucbvax | ihnp4}!amdcad!uport!techs
Microport Systems     ARPA: uport!techs@ucscc.UCSC.EDU
Technical Support