[comp.unix.xenix] Terminal Emulation For SCO Xenix

mike@ivory.SanDiego.NCR.COM (Michael Lodman) (09/15/87)

Does anyone know of a good terminal emulation program ala Procomm etc
that runs under Xenix on a PC. cu really sucks. It may be commercial
or not, I don't care.

--
Michael Lodman  (619) 485-3335
Advanced Development NCR Corporation E&M San Diego

When you die, if you've been very, very good, you'll go to ... Montana.

don@seila.UUCP (Don Kossman) (09/18/87)

In article <190@ivory.SanDiego.NCR.COM> mike@ivory.UUCP (Michael Lodman) writes:
>Does anyone know of a good terminal emulation program ala Procomm etc
>that runs under Xenix on a PC. cu really sucks. It may be commercial
>or not, I don't care.

We've been using KERMIT for quite a while; the transfer protocol is
fairly slow, but it works reliably and is widely available (we use
it to talk to an ibm mainframe from our SCO Xenix AT).
--
Don Kossman, SEI Information Technology, Los Angeles
usenet: {ccicpg!imt3b2 | peregrine!imt3b2 | sun!tsunama!tsunami}!seila!don

tim@ora.UUCP (Tim O'Reilly) (09/21/87)

In article <190@ivory.SanDiego.NCR.COM>, mike@ivory.SanDiego.NCR.COM (Michael Lodman) writes:
> Does anyone know of a good terminal emulation program ala Procomm etc
> that runs under Xenix on a PC. cu really sucks. It may be commercial
> or not, I don't care.

Try TERM, from 	Century Software
	       	9558 South Pinedale,
      		Salt Lake City, Utah 84092
		(801) 531-8512

Their package seems really nifty, and is pretty reasonably
priced.  It's got a really powerful script language,
supports all of the widely-available protocols (not UUCP),
runs on MSDOS, UNIX, Xenix, VMS, etc.  I think it's probably
your best bet.
--
Tim O'Reilly (617) 527-4210
O'Reilly & Associates, Inc., Publishers of Nutshell Handbooks

rossj@dartvax.UUCP (09/23/87)

In article <190@ivory.SanDiego.NCR.COM>, mike@ivory.SanDiego.NCR.COM (Michael Lodman) writes:
> Does anyone know of a good terminal emulation program ala Procomm etc
> that runs under Xenix on a PC. cu really sucks. It may be commercial
> or not, I don't care.

Try MLINK, a full-featured communications package  running
under Xenix, Unix, DOS, etc.  It supports XMODEM, Kermit,
a powerful script language, and it's FAST. Terrific menu-driven
interface, vt/televideo emulation, and some real slick stuff
thrown in.  I've used it a lot for uploading/downloading stuff
with PC's, and just plain hacking around.

	It's available from:

	Corporate Microsystems, Inc.
	P.O. Box 277
	Etna, NH 03750
	(603) 448-5193

(BTW, I do not work for CMI, I just thought I'd stick my 2 cents worth in)

--
Disclaimer's bound for glory, disclaim...

Ross Jacobs                            rossj@DARTMOUTH.EDU     -or-
Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH         {ihnp4,decvax,linus}!dartvax!rossj

rickers@drexel.UUCP (09/23/87)

In article <190@ivory.SanDiego.NCR.COM>, mike@ivory.SanDiego.NCR.COM (Michael Lodman) writes:
> Does anyone know of a good terminal emulation program ala Procomm etc
> that runs under Xenix on a PC. cu really sucks. It may be commercial
> or not, I don't care.

What about a good terminal emulator running under Microport?  Micheal is
correct in saying cu sucks.  Same thoughts about "commercial-ity" or not.

					Rickers
					..!drexel!rickers

cccook@deneb.ucdavis.edu (Doug Cook) (09/25/87)

In article <7184@dartvax.UUCP> rossj@dartvax.UUCP (Ross A. Jacobs) writes:
>In article <190@ivory.SanDiego.NCR.COM>, mike@ivory.SanDiego.NCR.COM (Michael Lodman) writes:
>> Does anyone know of a good terminal emulation program ala Procomm etc
>> that runs under Xenix on a PC. cu really sucks. It may be commercial
>> or not, I don't care.
>>

>Try MLINK, a full-featured communications package  running
>under Xenix, Unix, DOS, etc.  It supports XMODEM, Kermit,
>a powerful script language, and it's FAST. Terrific menu-driven
>interface, vt/televideo emulation, and some real slick stuff
>thrown in.  I've used it a lot for uploading/downloading stuff
>with PC's, and just plain hacking around.

How about the original, public domain KERMIT? It's an excellent program;
the version I use on SCO XENIX works fast & well. You couldn't call
it a terminal emulator per se, but whatever terminal you're using will work
fine. It supports a lot of different modem types as well. I believe the
PD KERMIT sources are available on the net, but any nearby UNIX installation
is sure to have them as well.

Douglas M. Cook			| Address:
--------------------------------|   ucbvax!ucdavis!deneb!cccook	(uucp)
VMS Consultant			|   DMCOOK@UCDAVIS		(BITnet)
UCD Computing Services		|   cookfish@tuna.casserole	(FISHnet)
--------------------------------|
Junior, Comp. Sci & Engr.	| "This sentence no verb."
University of California, Davis	| "Ths sntnc hs n vrb."

tim@ora.UUCP (Tim O'Reilly) (09/26/87)

In article <516@drexel.UUCP>, rickers@drexel.UUCP (Rick Wargo) writes:
> What about a good terminal emulator running under Microport?

TERM, from Century Software in Salt Lake City,
runs under Microport as well as Xenix.

--
Tim O'Reilly (617) 527-4210
O'Reilly & Associates, Inc., Publishers of Nutshell Handbooks
981 Chestnut Street, Newton, MA 02164
UUCP:	uunet!ora!tim      ARPA:   tim@ora.uu.net

janm@runx.UUCP (09/29/87)

look through the /usr/bin directory, and
there it was!

				Jan Mikkelsen.

ACSnet: janm@runx.ips.oz		JANET:	runx.ips.oz!janm@ukc
ARPA:   janm%runx.ips.oz@uunet.uu.net	CSNET:	janm@runx.ips.oz
UUCP:   {enea,hplabs,mcvax,prlb2,uunet,ubc-vision,ukc}!munnari!runx.ips.oz!janm

"He's dead, Jim."