[comp.unix.xenix] Intellicom bugs posted

tony@killer.UUCP (10/02/87)

I have had a couple of request for the "small bugs" that I have found in the
Intellicom board.

Well, as advertised the board will interleave local printing and keystrokes.
It doesn't and to be honest I had my doubts about it working.  It's not that
big a deal, but would have been nice.

On the other hand, when running modems if you are using 2400b modems for users
to dialin.  Once someone calls in at 1200b  the board is also set for 1200, it
will not cycle back to 2400b.  Might be a bug in the driver code here.  There
is a new version of th driver but I haven't seen it yet. And yes getty is setup
right.

As far as running terminals hardwired I have had no problems.  I like the way
it performs.

Tony Holden
ihnp4!killer!tony

fyl@ssc.UUCP (Phil Hughes) (10/07/87)

In article <1708@killer.UUCP>, tony@killer.UUCP (Tony Holden) writes:
> I have had a couple of request for the "small bugs" that I have found in the
> Intellicom board.
> On the other hand, when running modems if you are using 2400b modems for users
> to dialin.  Once someone calls in at 1200b  the board is also set for 1200, it
> will not cycle back to 2400b.  Might be a bug in the driver code here.  There
> is a new version of th driver but I haven't seen it yet. And yes getty is setup

I had a similar problem on a Arnet dumb board.  It turns out that the problem
was caused by the modem getting 'stuck' at 1200 baud.  The way this happens
is that if the remote system disconnects before Xenix finishes sending stuff,
the modem thinks you are sending it commands at 1200 baud.  The only way
to get it back to 2400 baud is send it commands at 2400 baud.

I don't have a clean solution here.  What I do is run a script off cron
each hour that disables the port, sends some AT stuff to the modem at
2400 baud and enables it again.  Any better ideas would be appreciated.

--
Phil Hughes, SSC, Inc. P.O. Box 55549,
Seattle, WA 98155  (206)FOR-UNIX