[comp.unix.xenix] Brain dead Uucico program

mdella@polyslo.UUCP (Marcos R. Della) (11/06/87)

I was connected to the polyslo site, but because of a recient refurnishing
of the equipment there, I have had to come up with a new script file for
the L.sys file...

In the process of working on this for the last two days, I have discovered
the following things about my L.sys file...

First off, I am running Xenix R3.4 on an Intel 310/311 system. This help?

When you use "" "" it immediatly sends    ""<CR> insted of just  <CR>
When you use \015 you get      \015<CR>
When you use \0D you get       \0D<CR>
When you use \r you get        \r<CR>
etc...

Basically I can't figure out how to send the sequence <CR><CR> in order
to get the attention of their front end processor... Can anyone out
there give me a clue?

Marcos R. Della

--
...!lll-crg --> !csustan --\                         | Whatever I said doesn't
  ...!ihnp4 --> !csun -----/                         | it even before finishing
             ...!dmsd ----/                          | typing it all out!!!

bill@trotter.usma.edu (Bill Gunshannon) (11/09/87)

In article <690@polyslo.UUCP>, mdella@polyslo.UUCP (Marcos R. Della) writes:
> First off, I am running Xenix R3.4 on an Intel 310/311 system. This help?
>
> When you use "" "" it immediatly sends    ""<CR> insted of just  <CR>
> When you use \015 you get      \015<CR>
> When you use \0D you get       \0D<CR>
> When you use \r you get        \r<CR>
> etc...
>
> Basically I can't figure out how to send the sequence <CR><CR> in order
> to get the attention of their front end processor... Can anyone out
> there give me a clue?

OK, here is what we do.

Use VI to actually insert ^M into the file whenever you need a <CR>.

It seems like a strange way to have to handle it but at least it does work.

This doesn't work for other machines we have that use a V7 based uucp
but until SYS-V is available for everything I guess we'll just have to be
satisfied with any kludge that gets the job done.

If this isn't clear enough or you want more info feel free to contact me.

PS.  What is ca.unix?? It made inews barf!!!

bill gunshannon

UUCP: {philabs}\		 	US SNAIL: Martin Marietta Data Systems
      {phri   } >!trotter.usma.edu!bill           USMA, Bldg 600, Room 26
      {sunybcs}/			          West Point, NY  10996
RADIO:         KB3YV		        PHONE: WORK    (914)446-7747
AX.25:         KB3YV @ K3RLI	        PHONE: HOME    (914)565-5256