[comp.unix.xenix] where's the *&^@#$*&^ RUBOUT key????

root@ozdaltx.UUCP (root) (10/17/87)

Am I the only person in the world who hates the prompt that
MORE uses;

         [Hit space to continue, Rubout to abort]
                                 ^^^^^^
I don't have a "rubout" key, havn't seen a PC yet with one
and I doubt I ever will.

C'on SCO/MircoSoft.... You guys have the source, how about
changing this ancient holdover to something like "Q" or
BREAK.

| Scotty                     |  Adapt - Enjoy - Survive    |
| ihnp4!killer!ozdaltx!sysop |  "Ad Venerem Securiorem"    |

davidsen@steinmetz.steinmetz.UUCP (William E. Davidsen Jr) (10/21/87)

In article <4375@ozdaltx.UUCP> root@ozdaltx.UUCP (root) writes:

|I don't have a "rubout" key, havn't seen a PC yet with one
|and I doubt I ever will.

  Another name for rubout is "delete".
--
	bill davidsen		(wedu@ge-crd.arpa)

samlb@well.UUCP (Samuel B. Bassett) (10/22/87)

	If you can't find the "Rubout" key on your PC (or clone), try hitting
the "Del" key -- it sends the same character (ASCII 127, 7Fh).
--
Sam'l Bassett -- Semantic Engineering for fun & profit.
34 Oakland Ave., San Anselmo  CA  94960;               DDD:  (415) 454-7282

caf@omen.UUCP (Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX) (10/24/87)

:
:|I don't have a "rubout" key, havn't seen a PC yet with one
:|and I doubt I ever will.
:
:  Another name for rubout is "delete".

Would you believe "Ctrl-backspace" ??  That's the IBM PC keystroke that
results in the 0177 code.  Some comm programs allow the backspace or Del
function key to be redefined to send rubout when the remote application
requires it.

Robert_Bob_McGowan@cup.portal.com (11/18/87)

> In article <7674@steinmetz.steinmetz.UUCP> davidsen@crdos1.UUCP (bill
davidsen)
> rites:
> :In article <4375@ozdaltx.UUCP> root@ozdaltx.UUCP (root) writes:
> :
> :|I don't have a "rubout" key, havn't seen a PC yet with one
> :|and I doubt I ever will.
> :
> :  Another name for rubout is "delete".
>
> Would you believe "Ctrl-backspace" ??  That's the IBM PC keystroke that
> results in the 0177 code.  Some comm programs allow the backspace or Del
> function key to be redefined to send rubout when the remote application
> requires it.
In my experience, the key labeled Del on the numeric keypad will produce
the proper control code under XENIX Sys V 2.2.1.

Bob McGowan
...!ucbvax!sun!portal!rober_bob_mcgowan%cupertino.pcc