[comp.unix.xenix] nethack 2.2 on sco xenix

ag@crash.cts.com (Keith Gabryelski) (12/07/87)

In article <QViRwPy00VoDyls063@andrew.cmu.edu> jl42+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jay Mathew Libove) writes:
>Hi - I am running a Santa Cruz Operation Xenix system on an IBM PC/AT.
>It is SysVr2 v2.2.1 with the development system 2.1.4. I got the sourcs
>as just posted to comp.sources.games for nethack v2.2 and compiled them
>on my system. Amazingly, there were no problems or even warnings in
>the compilation and link. However, after installing and starting to play
>the game, I found that it would unpredictably core dump. Well, no problem
>say I, I'll just "adb nethack core" it... no way. On SCOs 286 package
>on a 286 machine, adb can't store the whole symbol table for the nethack
>executable, so I am stuck.

Use adbL for large memory model programs such as hack or the
kernel.

(btw, I didn't "R", because I didn't answer your explicit question.)
--
Keith Gabryelski       UUCP: {cbosgd, hplabs!hp-sdd, sdcsvax, nosc}!crash!ag
                       ARPA: crash!ag@nosc.mil        INET: ag@crash.CTS.COM