[comp.unix.xenix] smail problem under SCO Xenix

alleng@killer.UUCP (12/04/87)

I implemented Chip's fix to execmail on a system here in the office.  We
have another AT networked in with this one.  I also put smail on it.
The micnet machine:user works great, but I can't get it to send mail from
the micnet box, across micnet to the box connected to uucp.  Has anyone
done work on this?   Thanks...

					Allen
--
        Allen Gwinn    / email: {ihnp4!decvax!killer}!sulaco!allen
                       \ USPS: P.O. Box 740444, Dallas, TX  75374-0444

chip@ateng.UUCP (Chip Salzenberg) (12/05/87)

In article <2307@killer.UUCP> alleng@killer.UUCP (Allen Gwinn) writes:
>I implemented Chip's fix to execmail on a system here in the office.  We
>have another AT networked in with this one.  I also put smail on it.
>The micnet machine:user works great, but I can't get it to send mail from
>the micnet box, across micnet to the box connected to uucp.  Has anyone
>done work on this?   Thanks...

No problem.  You need to edit /usr/lib/mail/maliases, the machine aliases
file.  Assuming machine "ugh" is the UUCP gateway, and "mary" is the other
machine connected to ugh via Micnet:

Put the following lines in mary's maliases file:

	# All uucp goes through `ugh'
	uucp:   ugh:

(don't forget the trailing colon!)
Put the following lines in ugh's maliases file:

	# All uucp goes through `ugh' (that's me)
	uucp:

(BTW, execmail interprets the machine aliases file.)

Now, if I could only install sendmail, too...   :-)

--
Chip Salzenberg         "chip@ateng.UUCP"  or  "{codas,uunet}!ateng!chip"
A T Engineering         My employer's opinions are not mine, but these are.

alleng@killer.UUCP (Allen Gwinn) (12/13/87)

In article <122@ateng.UUCP> chip@ateng.UUCP (Chip Salzenberg) writes:
>Put the following lines in mary's maliases file:
>
>	# All uucp goes through `ugh'
>	uucp:   ugh:
>
>Put the following lines in ugh's maliases file:
>
>	# All uucp goes through `ugh' (that's me)
>	uucp:

I tried all these things.  'mary' doesn't seem to be able to route messages
to uucp.  One other thing... I have a paths file in mary's /usr/lib/uucp.
Should I do something with that?

Also, could you send me an effective path  to get to you.  I seem to
be having a problem sending you email, Chip...

Thanks for all your help.

--Allen Gwinn  {ihnp4,decvax,killer}!sulaco!allen