[comp.unix.xenix] Hello and a few questions

mdf@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu (Mark D. Freeman) (01/08/88)

In <1062@alliant.Alliant.COM> geo@alliant.COM (George Aguiar) writes:
>1) I can't get micro emacs to port $%&@#$!  I tried cc -i and it will compile
>but I then can't edit an other than very small file without running out of
>memory and having emacs truncate the file.  Sooooo, what stupid mistake did
>I make??  If I use -Mm, -Ml, or -Mh I get "internal compiler errors"!!

I ported it to SCO XENIX 286 2.2 with no problem.  Send me mail if you
want sources or a binary.

>3) I installed XENIX and MS-DOS on a 40 mega disk ( 30 XENIX / 10 MS-DOS )
>and split the 30 at approximately 12 Meg for root and 18 for u.  Now
>I don't have room for all the the development kit.  I was thinking about
>moving all the /usr stuff to the u partition and then removing everything
>under /usr and mounting u on /usr.  Is this the easiest thing to do?

Personal opinion:  Use one single partition and filesystem for XENIX.
Having a root and a /u filesystem doesn't buy you anything on a disk
that small.

--
Mark D. Freeman						  (614) 262-1418
					      mdf@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu