[comp.unix.xenix] VENIX/86, anybody remember?

mechjgh@tness1.UUCP (Greg Hackney 214+464-2771) (01/09/88)

In article <5495@eecae.UUCP> lawitzke@eecae.ee.msu.edu (John Lawitzke) writes:
>A friend of mine recently sold me his copy of Venix/86 which he wasn't
>using. It is Venix/86 ver 2.0.  Unfortunately it thinks my system
>only has a 10MB disk.

I have installed Venix before, but only on a 10MB system.

However, I did have  the same problem with Xenix. I had a Seagate ST225
20MB that formatted just fine under MS-DOS, but it would only
format to 10MB under Xenix no matter what I tried...low level
formats, repartitioning, etc etc....

Finally I solved the problem by putting in a different
disk controller. I was using a Xebec controller, and
switched to a Western Digital WD1002, and it worked fine.

--
Greg Hackney
S.W. Bell Telephone Co.