[comp.unix.xenix] ka9q tcp/ip package under Xenix V

ron@vsedev.VSE.COM (Ron Flax) (01/10/88)

Has anyone successfully ported the ka9q tcp/ip package under Xenix
System V?  The sys5 code is close, it does compile, however it doesn't
quite work... When attempting to make a slip connection to another
machine at any speed, the two hosts appear to connect but when I
attempt to start one of FTP or telnet I get the SYN sent message and
that's all she wrote..

--
ron@vsedev.vse.com	(Ron Flax)
uucp:	..!uunet!vsedev!ron

karn@faline.bellcore.com (Phil R. Karn) (01/12/88)

The coordinator of the System V version of the KA9Q package is Bob
Hoffman, N3CVL (pitt!hoffman). Contributors to the effort are Mike
Matthews N9DVG, Jere Sandige K4FUM and John Limpert, N3DMC.  I did not
do the UNIX port and I don't even have a System V machine to test it on.

Phil Karn, KA9Q

PS. In case you're wondering what those funny strings of letters with
imbedded digits are after our names, they're our amateur radio
callsigns. This stuff actually runs over radio as well as coax and
telephone...

bill@trotter.usma.edu (Bill Gunshannon) (01/14/88)

In article <1036@vsedev.VSE.COM>, ron@vsedev.VSE.COM (Ron Flax) writes:
> Has anyone successfully ported the ka9q tcp/ip package under Xenix
> System V?  The sys5 code is close, it does compile, however it doesn't
> quite work... When attempting to make a slip connection to another
> machine at any speed, the two hosts appear to connect but when I
> attempt to start one of FTP or telnet I get the SYN sent message and
> that's all she wrote..

I had the same problem on an INTEL 310 running XENIX 3.x.  I have since
fixed the problem and although I can't really explain it I was able to
work around it.
I have also got it running on the TANDY Model 16/Model 6000.
As soon as I polish up my changes and fix up the Makefiles I will be
checking into getting it incorporated into the distribution.
In the mean time I will be glad help anyone who has a question, if I can.
E-mail is fine, but feel free to call on the phone also as that may be
faster.

bill gunshannon

UUCP: {philabs}\		 	US SNAIL: Martin Marietta Data Systems
      {phri   } >!trotter.usma.edu!bill           USMA, Bldg 600, Room 26
      {sunybcs}/			          West Point, NY  10996
RADIO:         KB3YV		        PHONE: WORK    (914)446-7747
AX.25:         KB3YV @ K3RLI	        PHONE: HOME    (914)565-5256