[comp.unix.xenix] Looking for XENIX to MVS RJE

news@bellcore.bellcore.com (news) (01/21/88)

From: kurt@color.ctt.bellcore.com (Kurt Gluck(PICS))

I need to make an IBM/AT (or equivalent) running SCO XENIX rje stuff
to a host IBM MVS system.  SCO's uniPath 3270 product seem to only do
3270 terminal emulation.  Any gentlefolk out in netland that has done
similar stuff and is willing to share their experiences please e-mail
me.  I'd like to know the hardware (whose board on what flavor pc),
software (software on the pc and host) and data comm arrangement
(BSC/SNA, dial up, pt-to-pt, multi-drop etc).
Thanks in advance.
     tony kwong jr.   ..!bellcore!rruxff!tony  (201) 699-4130

robert@rabbit1.UUCP (Robert Oliver) (01/30/88)

> I need to make an IBM/AT (or equivalent) running SCO XENIX rje stuff
> to a host IBM MVS system.  SCO's uniPath 3270 product seem to only do
> 3270 terminal emulation.
> I'd like to know the hardware (whose board on what flavor pc),
> software (software on the pc and host) and data comm arrangement
> (BSC/SNA, dial up, pt-to-pt, multi-drop etc).
> Thanks in advance.
>      tony kwong jr.   ..!bellcore!rruxff!tony  (201) 699-4130

Well, I can't relate any experiences (as you asked), and my opinion would
be biased anyway.  But Rabbit (the co. I work for) does have RJE software
for Xenix.  Should work on your PC AT or compatible (we've used Sperry ITs,
ITT Xtras, Compaqs, etc.).  Can be used with our own SDLC/BSC card or
IBM's SDLC card (SNA only, of course).  Dial up, pt-to-pt, multi-drop,
and concurrent 3270 all work and have been tested.

At risk of turning this into an ad, I'll shut up now.

--

Robert Oliver
Rabbit Software Corp.		(215) 647-0440

sl@van-bc.UUCP (Stuart Lynne) (02/02/88)

In article <428@rabbit1.UUCP> robert@rabbit1.UUCP (Robert Oliver) writes:

>be biased anyway.  But Rabbit (the co. I work for) does have RJE software
>for Xenix.  Should work on your PC AT or compatible (we've used Sperry ITs,
>ITT Xtras, Compaqs, etc.).  Can be used with our own SDLC/BSC card or

Now if you only had it running under Xenix/386 or Microport System V/386 I'd
buy a copy!

--
{ihnp4!alberta!ubc-vision,uunet}!van-bc!Stuart.Lynne Vancouver,BC,604-937-7532