[comp.unix.xenix] About time for 386 group?

jpl@edison.GE.COM (Pim Little) (02/03/88)

In article <9382@steinmetz.steinmetz.UUCP>, davidsen@steinmetz.steinmetz.UUCP (William E. Davidsen Jr) writes:
> Although there is now a 386ix newgroup (on some systems), the 80386
> mailing list continues. This list covers *all* 386 related topics,
> regardless of hardware or software being used.
> I find it interesting that I was unable to start a 386 newsgroup because
> there were not enough people interested in 386 topics, but there are
> enough people interested in one 386 operating system to justify a group.
> Isn't politics wonderful!
> --
> 	bill davidsen		(wedu@ge-crd.arpa)

The user base for the 386 machines has increased several folds during the
past 3-4 months. Isn't it about time we have a "386" newsgroup?  I don't
know how to go about the negotiation procedure to get one set up, so I
will just put in my pre-vote right here. May be Bill will try again...

			Pim Little   (jpl@edison.GE.COM)
			GE Fanuc, Charlottesville, Va.

pjh@mccc.UUCP (Peter J. Holsberg) (02/06/88)

I'll vote for a 386 UNIX group!
--
Peter Holsberg                  UUCP: {rutgers!}princeton!mccc!pjh
Technology Division             CompuServe: 70240,334

davidsen@steinmetz.steinmetz.UUCP (William E. Davidsen Jr) (02/09/88)

I have gotten a large number of comments that I should offer to moderate
the intel386 group. I currently do the mailing list, and would expect to
continue that unless someone can tell me how to get the info to my
bitnet/csnet readers.

In the meantime, send requests to join the mailing list to
386users-request@udel.edu, via ARPA or uunet.
--
	bill davidsen		(wedu@ge-crd.arpa)