[comp.unix.xenix] xenix bbs list

farhad@corwin.usc.edu (Farhad Khansefid) (02/20/88)

Hi,

I have seen many bbs lists for DOS stuff but I don't recall seeing a
bbs list for xenix goodies.

If you have such a list, or own,  operate or know about a xenix oriented
bbs in your area send me email and I will summarize to net if interest
exists.  Information such as phone number, hours of operation, fees,
sysop name will make the list more complete.

please email directly to			farhad@corwin.usc.edu

learn@igloo.UUCP (william vajk) (02/24/88)

In article <7073@oberon.USC.EDU>, farhad@corwin.usc.edu (Farhad Khansefid) writes:
> Hi,
>
> I have seen many bbs lists for DOS stuff but I don't recall seeing a
> bbs list for xenix goodies.

There is a list of public access unix machines in the USA maintained
by wayne@warble, and distributed monthly via pubnet. It is the most
comprehensive list known to me, and includes both unix and xenix sites.

Bill Vajk                                           learn@igloo

leigh@unibase.UUCP (Leigh Calnek) (02/29/88)

I run a xenix based bbs that is oriented to education...

bbs name:	unibase
    phone:	(306)586-5585 (1200 baud)
		(306)584-2035 (2400 baud)
    hours:	24
    fees:	$50 per year
    what:	Educational information including recent
		abstracts from ERIC database; Grolier
		Electronic Encyclopedia and some public
		domain software for ms dos and apple.