[comp.unix.xenix] Now That's Service!

raj@spl1.UUCP (Robert Alan Johnson) (02/26/88)

With all the vendor flaming going around I thought I'd mention
a good work for SCO again.

I ordered Xenix 386 development system and VP/IX last Friday.  They
told me there would be a 3-5 day internal processing delay and then
it would go out ups blue.

On the next Thursday (today) ups arrived with the software, and,
an hour later, I actually got a call from the sales person at SCO
telling me it had shipped on Tuesday.... I thanked him for the call
and let him know it had arrived 1 hour before... NOW THAT'S SERVICE!

Robert A. Johnson, SYSOP        UUCP: {ihnp4,ddsw1,ll1!ll1a,laidbak}!spl1!raj
The Software Public Library    VOICE: 1 312 248 5777

steven@lakesys.UUCP (Steven Goodman) (02/27/88)

In article <934@spl1.UUCP> raj@spl1.UUCP (Robert Alan Johnson) writes:
>With all the vendor flaming going around I thought I'd mention
>a good work for SCO again.
>
>I ordered Xenix 386 development system and VP/IX last Friday.  They
>told me there would be a 3-5 day internal processing delay and then
>it would go out ups blue.
>
>On the next Thursday (today) ups arrived with the software, and,
>an hour later, I actually got a call from the sales person at SCO
>telling me it had shipped on Tuesday.... I thanked him for the call
>and let him know it had arrived 1 hour before... NOW THAT'S SERVICE!

        Nothing new for SCO.  They continually amaze me with there prompt
        service, excellent support, and honesty.

        I have personally worked with MANY venders of various UN*X products
        and of all of SCO is the finest.  Not only do they provide an
        extremely stable product but they LISTEN and listen well.  Very
        few venders actually will do as  you mentioned and call.

        Yes - absolutely no flames for SCO, one very "together"
        organization.

--
Steven M. Goodman
Lake Systems -  Milwaukee, Wisconsin

romwa@gpu.utcs.toronto.edu (Mark Dornfeld) (03/04/88)

Thought I would add to the compliments for SCO.  Their service
for us (Royal Ontario Museum) has been great from day 1 over
three years ago.  We are not demanding, we solve most of our
problems in house and we are not serious developers, but they
have answered every question we threw their way.

Hope they keep it up.

abcscnge@csuna.UUCP (Scott "The Pseudo-Hacker" Neugroschl) (03/09/88)

In article <1988Mar3.230502.277@gpu.utcs.toronto.edu> romwa@gpu.utcs.UUCP (Mark Dornfeld) writes:

>Thought I would add to the compliments for SCO.

Figured I'd throw in my comments:

****** DISCLAIMER ******
I went to college with several people at SCO, notably ericg, amys, and brianm.
This should not influence the following comment, as I spoke with none of them,
just their normal tech support phone line.  Other than specified above, my
only association with SCO is as a very satisfied customer.
****** END DISCLAIMER *******

At work (not here), we were setting up SCO 2.2.1 on a nonstandard system
(read -- not specified in the release notes as tested).  We had problems
with the system at boot up:  Xenix would not boot directly from the HD,
but would boot from hd(40)xenix if we booted from floopy first.  SCO
sat on the phone with me for 2 hours as I went through the procedure
of re-fdisking and re-divvying and reinstalling.  When this failed to
produce successful results, the tech support person said he was at a loss,
but suggested pulling any I/O cards I had installed.  This worked.

Their patience in working with us long distance and tech support's savvy
in suggesting an I/O problems rate a 10 from me.  Keep up the good work.

--
Scott "The Pseudo-Hacker" Neugroschl
UUCP:  ...!ihnp4!csun!csuna!abcscnge