[comp.unix.xenix] Prolog for SCO Xenix

plb@dcdwest.UUCP (Phil Blais) (03/24/88)

We are searching for a compilable version of Prolog for SCO Xenix 386. The
third party catalog specifies an interpretive version, but not a
compilable version. Is there such a beast? Any feedback would be
appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Phil Blais
ITT DCD West
10060 Carroll Canyon Rd.
San Diego, Ca.
(619) 578-3080

ipc@drexel.UUCP (Image Processig Center) (03/28/88)

In article <308@dcdwest.UUCP>, plb@dcdwest.UUCP (Phil Blais) writes:

> We are searching for a compilable version of Prolog for SCO Xenix 386. The
> third party catalog specifies an interpretive version, but not a
> compilable version.

To Phil and all others who are looking for a compilable Prolog: There
is no such thing - all Prolog systems require a kernel of some sort.
Actually, I thought we covered this in our phone conversation. Anyway,
why go by buzzwords? Try the product (our A.D.A. Prolog). It certainly
isn't reasonable to condemn software on the basis of buzzwords. Our
type VMV for XENIX runs at about 1/4 the speed of BIM, which claims to
be the fastest Prolog in the world. It has unlimited stack space, and
marvelous extensions to the language, such as arrays, which no other
Prolog has. You certainly are deceiving yourself if you think that a
DOS based system limited to 64k of stack space, one compilable module,
640k of memory, and 8086 code would present an advantage.
    Inquires regarding our Prolog should be sent to drexel!adapro2!bob,
or Automata Design Associates, 1570 Arran Way, Dresher, Pa. 19025,
(215)-646-4894