[comp.unix.xenix] to many newsgroup names

root@ozdaltx.UUCP (Scotty) (04/12/88)

For the third time in a week, my system is generating
"Memory faults - core dumps" when it hits articles like the
following:

>+Newsgroups: rec.sport.misc,rec.sport.baseball,rec.sport.basketball,rec.sport.hockey,rec.sport.football,misc.wanted,misc.consumers,comp.sys.ibm.pc,can.general,ont.general
+Date: 8 Apr 88 21:54:44 GMT

This is caused by excessive newsgroup cross-posting.  For
some reason it choaks my SCO 2.2 system.  When I edit out
about 1/2 the length of the line it runs through vnews &
readnews OK.

1. Anyone else having this problem?
2. What do I need to do to fix it?

Thanks...
| Scotty                     |  Adapt - Enjoy - Survive    |
| ihnp4!killer!ozdaltx!sysop |  "Ad Venerem Securiorem"    |