[comp.unix.xenix] Site 'killer' is returning to service

root@jclyde.UUCP (The Super User) (04/05/88)

With a little luck, 'killer' should be back on line within the next
2 or 3 days.  All of us wish to express our heartfelt gratitude to all
of you who have supported the effort to get killer back on line.  We
also, once again, wish to appologize to all of you who were inconvenienced.
We hope this kind of thing never happens again.  Thanks again to everyone
for your patience.
---
Allen Gwinn {ihnp4,decvax,jclyde,bigtex,rpp386,killer :-)}!sulaco!allen

patth@dasys1.UUCP (Patt Haring) (04/13/88)

In article <659@jclyde.UUCP>, root@jclyde.UUCP (The Super User) writes:
> With a little luck, 'killer' should be back on line within the next
> 2 or 3 days.  All of us wish to express our heartfelt gratitude to all
> of you who have supported the effort to get killer back on line.  We
> also, once again, wish to appologize to all of you who were inconvenienced.

     We'll all be glad to see Charles Boykin and killer back online;
it was rather disheartening to read about the user(s) who set
the system up to be investigated for pirated software.

     Jealousy is a disease some unfortunate people have to
live with.

     Nice guys like Charles Boykin shouldn't have to be subjected
to the nasty users.

--
Patt Haring                 {sun!hoptoad,cmcl2!phri}!dasys1!patth
Big Electric Cat Public Access Unix (212) 879-9031 - System Operator

Three aspects of wisdom:  intelligence, justice & kindness.