[comp.unix.xenix] Compiler error with #include <fcntl.h>

radsb@yabbie.rmit.oz (Stefano Bonfa) (04/14/88)

Help, please.

I have struck a problem with my SCO software development package.

In the past couple of days I have attempted to compile a new 'dial'
program, but have encountered a compiler error regarding one of the
#include files. The line causing trouble is -

	#include <fcntl.h>

The compiler aborts with a message about there being too many include
files. A search for the file 'fcntl.h' reveals that there are two;
one in /usr/include and a second in /usr/include/sys.

The text of /usr/include/fcntl.h is -

	#include <sys/fcntl.h>

The problem appears to lie in /usr/include/sys/fcntl.h as its text is -

	#include <sys/fcntl.h>

Please, is there anyone out there with the correct fcntl.h file ??
I do need this as quickly as possible.

	David Green		c/-	radsb@yabbie.rmit.oz
					{...}!uunet!munnari!goanna!yabbie!radsb

jack@turnkey.TCC.COM (Jack F. Vogel) (04/18/88)

In article <741@yabbie.rmit.oz> radsb@yabbie.rmit.oz (Stefano Bonfa) writes:
>Help, please.
>
>I have struck a problem with my SCO software development package.
[....deleted text...]
>The text of /usr/include/fcntl.h is -
>
>	#include <sys/fcntl.h>
>
>The problem appears to lie in /usr/include/sys/fcntl.h as its text is -
>
>	#include <sys/fcntl.h>

Have you been intermixing different release development systems, or even
worse SCO and say IBM development systems?? This is the only way I can see
that this could happen. I have seen such a thing happen, in that case my
advise is to clean up and reinstall. Why are you asking for someone to send
you fcntl.h?? The header file in the distribution is certainly correct, if
it isn't contact SCO. The file /usr/include/sys/fcntl.h should have the
content you seek, if it doesn't tar it back off disk!

Best of luck,

--
Jack F. Vogel
Turnkey Computer Consultants, Costa Mesa, CA