[comp.unix.xenix] Hassles with fprintf

pengo@tmpmbx.UUCP (Hans H. Huebner) (06/06/88)

Hello,

lately I ran into a problem while working at my sendmail port for XENIX.
Although sendmail runs fine so far, it always gave the bogus error message
"Not a character device" (ENOTTY) whenever something went wrong. I was able
to track down the producer of this errno value to be fprintf, and I
wondered if anyone here knows what's happening, since fprintf isn't
supposed to set errno to ENOTTY as far as i know. I have now kludged around
the problem with a fake fprintf which preserves the old errno, but I don't
think that's a good solution. Any clues ?

(Environment: Xenix 2.2 Development & O-System, generic AT klone)

Please respond directly since I don't normally read these groups due to
their massive volume.

	Thanks,
		Hans

--
Hans H. Huebner, netmbx     | Telex:  186672 net d
Woerther Str. 36            | DOMAIN: pengo@netmbx.UUCP (sigh)

chip@vector.UUCP (Chip Rosenthal) (06/08/88)

In article <877@tmpmbx.UUCP> pengo@tmpmbx.UUCP (Hans H. Huebner) writes:
>Please respond directly since I don't normally read these groups due to
>their massive volume.

Yep...that's pretty obvious.
--
Chip Rosenthal /// chip@vector.UUCP /// Dallas Semiconductor /// 214-450-0400
{uunet!warble,sun!texsun!rpp386,killer}!vector!chip