[comp.unix.xenix] I'm shopping...

jeffh@weycord.WEYCO.COM (05/28/88)

I'm looking for a system V.(3) machine based on the 68030 or 386.
The system should have about 1-2 Meg (S)RAM, about 80MB disk, 5.25"
and/or 3.5" floppy, 2400/1200 modem, and room to grow!

Color is a plus! I'd like to spend about $4-5K and maybe a tad bit
more...

Any help?

Jeff (Spectra Software) Harrell
(206) 927-9268

root@uisc1.UUCP (Super user) (06/03/88)

In article <5580001@weycord.WEYCO.COM>, jeffh@weycord.UUCP writes:
> I'm looking for a system V.(3) machine based on the 68030 or 386.
> The system should have about 1-2 Meg (S)RAM, about 80MB disk, 5.25"
> and/or 3.5" floppy, 2400/1200 modem, and room to grow!
>
> Color is a plus! I'd like to spend about $4-5K and maybe a tad bit
> more...
>
> Any help?

Sure. Call Bell Technologies Corp at 800-For-Unix. Talk with Susan Ong
and tell her Franz from Unicorn Information Systems Corp in Detroit
suggested you call her. After 8 years in the consulting biz, they have
currently the best deal on a 386-based System V.3 AT&T UNIX I have ever
seen.

edwin@gpu.utcs.toronto.edu (Edwin Allum) (06/12/88)

Not being familar with the clone market, I also require all info
regarding 386 machines, other than COMPAC 386 and IBM Model 80,
running UNIX Sys V or SCO Xenix 386.
How about the recent testing of DELL's 386/20 machine (article in PC
magazine). I am not sure but does DELL also manufacture machines for
PC Limited ?

Require info into high speed modems (9600 and up),
e.g. Trailblazers, etc. Their performance in uucp transfers.

Need to know technical info, advantages and disadvantage of the
machine/modem and pricing of machine/modem.

Please help me. Respond by email and I can post all the info at once
or post it up. I have no idea what the newgroup wants any more !!
To post or not to post, that is the question.

--

Edwin Allum
University Of Toronto Computing Services
....{utzoo, ihnp4, decvax}!{gpu.utcs, utgpu}!edwin