[comp.unix.xenix] 16-bit compress for SCO XENIX-286 2.2.1

meyer@mimsy.UUCP (John R. Meyer) (07/25/88)

Hello --

	I am looking for the sources for a 16-bit compress/uncompress program
that works on SCO XENIX-286 2.2.1 on an IBM PC-AT.  Could someone out there
mail them to me with an appropriate Makefile?

					Thanks,

						John

--
John R. Meyer					Domain: meyer@mimsy.umd.edu
10208C Ashbrooke Ct.				Path:   uunet.uu.net!mimsy!meyer

jfh@rpp386.UUCP (John F. Haugh II) (07/28/88)

In article <12660@mimsy.UUCP> meyer@mimsy.UUCP (John R. Meyer) writes:
>	I am looking for the sources for a 16-bit compress/uncompress program
>that works on SCO XENIX-286 2.2.1 on an IBM PC-AT.  Could someone out there
>mail them to me with an appropriate Makefile?

according to joe orost, the compress distributed with the news source should
work just fine.  i have a version which has been compiled using the 386
compiler and run successfully on a 286.  compiling with the 286 compiler
produces an executable which won't run for some totally unknown reason.

try compiling the compress which came with your news software.  if all else
fails, i can make mine available.  tho, as i said it seems to invoke some
loader bug ...

- john.
--
John F. Haugh II                 +--------- Cute Chocolate Quote ---------
HASA, "S" Division               | "USENET should not be confused with