[comp.unix.xenix] Mathlib

ojt@drexel.UUCP (Dr. O. J. Tretiak) (07/15/88)

I am looking for a math package. Either commercial or public domain. This is
to be used under 80386/xenix. My requirements are fairly general, but I am
totally ignorant about what is available. At a minimum, I need routines for
linear algebra that can be called from C, but other features (statistics,
interpolation, curve fitting, graphics) are desireable.

			Oleh Tretiak

mikes@ncoast.UUCP (Mike Squires) (07/29/88)

In article <639@drexel.UUCP> ojt@drexel.UUCP (Dr. O. J. Tretiak) writes:
>I am looking for a math package. Either commercial or public domain. This is
>to be used under 80386/xenix. My requirements are fairly general, but I am

Try "Numerical Recipes in C", which I understand was recently released.  It
contains many of the things you want; it's a book, the code is shown but is
also sold in machine-readable form.  If you can call FORTRAN routines the
EISPACK and LINPACK routines might help; they are available at academic sites.

Mike Squires Allegheny College Meadville, PA 16335 814 724 3360
uucp: ..!mandrill!ncoast!{mikes,peng!sir-alan!mikes} or ..!pitt!sir-alan!mikes
BITNET: mikes%sir-alan@pitt.UUCP (VAX) MIKES AT SIR-ALAN!PITT.UUCP (IBM)