[comp.unix.xenix] SCO Xenix EGA fix

david@daisy.UUCP (David Schachter) (08/10/88)

On June 6, I posted a problem with Xenix 386 V2.2.3, regarding
lack of support for the Everex EVGA card.  The problem was a
regression from V2.2.2, caused by new code to support the
Compaq VGA.  A few weeks ago, I got e-mail and a phone call from
SCO telling me about a fix, and I received new boot floppies.

The new system installed without a hitch.  SCO took two months
to correct the problem.  That's ok: I'd rather have a >>correct<<
fix than a >>fast<< fix.

Thank you, SCO.  Thank you, Ross Oliver.

usenet@nancy.UUCP (Usenet file owner) (08/10/88)

Interesting... I am still waiting for Update K since April so I can use
my Compaq VGA.  The announcement in Discover implied that it was ready
then (ie Mar or Apr).   I haven't checked on the update to 2.3 I sure
it requires Update K.  Does anyone know?  Does SCO ever plan to ship
Update K or what?

==larry

---------------------------
LARRY SHIELDS                        UUCP: ...msudoc!lunapark!larry
P.O. Box 6159                        BIX:  lshields
E. Lansing, MI 48826                 Compuserve: 70277, 3677

BBS: lunapark 1200/2400 8-1-N  24hrs 7 days a week  (517) 487-3356 login: bbs

kevin@iisat.UUCP (Kevin Davies) (08/12/88)

In article <618@nancy.UUCP>, usenet@nancy.UUCP (Usenet file owner) writes:
> it requires Update K.  Does anyone know?  Does SCO ever plan to ship
> Update K or what?
>
> ==larry
> LARRY SHIELDS                        UUCP: ...msudoc!lunapark!larry

Update K is now shipping from SCO. I received Update K for SCO/386 about
a week and a half ago.  All 386 O.S.'s being shipped are now 2.3 as well
(update K was slower in preparation for shipping).

--
Kevin Davies		International Information Service (IIS)
UUCP:  {uunet,utai,watmath}!dalcs!iisat!kevin

george@genat.UUCP (George Gorsline) (08/12/88)

Update K has been available for atleast a month - we've been shipping
it to our support contract customers.  We understand that this fix is
included in 2.3 but have not yet physically tested it to confirm.

Suggest you contact your support organization for details.

	George Gorsline  VE3FIU / K8HI
	One of the VE3YDX gang... Y DX?  Because it's there!(Y not?)
	Genamation, Inc., 351 Steelcase Rd. W, Markham Ontario L3R 3W1
	uunet{!mnetor,!utzoo}!genat!george              (416) 475-9434