[comp.unix.xenix] Software xenix

joe@qnorth.UUCP (Joe Alonso) (08/21/88)

I'm looking to install News on my machine but for this I need
the appropriate software. The box is an "AT" clone running at 12Mhz
with a total of 100Meg. disk space, 1 Meg. RAM (I know I know but have seen
RAM prices lately??) under SCO Xenix Rel 2.2.X
Does anyone have (or know how I can get) the software?
Thanks a buch!

john@jetson.UPMA.MD.US (John Owens) (08/24/88)

In article <524@qnorth.UUCP>, joe@qnorth.UUCP (Joe Alonso) writes:
> I'm looking to install News on my machine but for this I need
> the appropriate software. The box is an "AT" clone running [...]
> SCO Xenix Rel 2.2.X

You can get the software directly from SCO; ask for the "USENET News"
support level diskettes, fix number xnx064.

BTW, Another meg of RAM will double the effective speed of your
machine, especially since 286's won't demand-page....
--
John Owens		john@jetson.UPMA.MD.US
SMART HOUSE L.P.	uunet!jetson!john		(old uucp)