[comp.unix.xenix] NEED: Pseudoterminal for AT XENIX 2.1.3

geertj@nlgvax.UUCP (Geert Jan de Groot) (08/29/88)

I am looking for drivers to implement pseudoterminals (/dev/pty..)
on my AT XENIX version 2.1.3. I want to use them to make remote
login via Telnet possible (Using Karn's (KA9Q) TCP/IP package)

Since this is for play (at home), public domain software would
be preferred, because Karn's package is PD as well. Anyone built
such a package?

Geert Jan de Groot
email: geertj@nlgvax.pcg.philips.nl
Packet: PE1HZG @ PI8ZAA (RLI) or [44.137.24.3] (TCP/IP)

My employer has nothing to do with this request.

jack@turnkey.TCC.COM (Jack F. Vogel) (09/05/88)

In article <242@nlgvax.UUCP> geertj@nlgvax.UUCP (Geert Jan de Groot) writes:
>I am looking for drivers to implement pseudoterminals (/dev/pty..)
>on my AT XENIX version 2.1.3. I want to use them to make remote
>login via Telnet possible (Using Karn's (KA9Q) TCP/IP package)

We have such a package available for anonymous uucp on turnkey. It is public
domain code which has been modified for use with Xenix. I do not know if
it has been tried with 2.1.3 but I see no reason that it would not work.
The file to request is: /usr/spool/uucppublic/pty.tar.Z. It contains all
you need to know to install it. The phone number for turnkey is 1-714-6627450.
Login as nuucp, no password. System defaults to 2400 baud.

BTW Geert, if you do successfully implement a real Telnet login into the KA9Q
package I would be interested in the mods. Send me some mail on the matter
and Good Luck.

--
Jack F. Vogel
Turnkey Computer Consultants, Costa Mesa, CA