[comp.unix.xenix] SCO 2.2.1 uu fault

jl42+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jay Mathew Libove) (10/12/88)

Someone mailed to me explaining that there is a problem
with the 2.2.1 SCO uux, and that I should just use my
old 2.1.3 version.

He's right. 2.2.1 SCO uux is busted, 2.1.3 replaces
it nicely.

Thanks!
Jay Libove                      ARPA: jl42@andrew.cmu.edu, libove@cs.cmu.edu
5731 Centre Avenue, Apt 3       BITNET: jl42@andrew
Pittsburgh, PA 15206            UUCP: uunet!nfsun!libove!libove
(412) 362-8983                  UUCP: psuvax1!pitt!darth!libove!libove

jfh@rpp386.Dallas.TX.US (The Beach Bum) (10/15/88)

In article <cXIci8y00Uo101M10F@andrew.cmu.edu> jl42+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jay Mathew Libove) writes:
>Someone mailed to me explaining that there is a problem
>with the 2.2.1 SCO uux, and that I should just use my
>old 2.1.3 version.
>
>He's right. 2.2.1 SCO uux is busted, 2.1.3 replaces
>it nicely.

What exactly is wrong with it?  I use it several hundred times a day
for news batching, remote file copies, remote printing, etc. and don't
have any problems.  The example which was given, which included an
argument of `localsystem!filename' should have been written `filename'

Is this the problem???  Or is there something else?
--
John F. Haugh II                        +----Make believe quote of the week----
VoiceNet: (214) 250-3311                | Nancy Reagan on Richard Stallman: