[comp.unix.xenix] Using extended characters with Xenix

paul@csnz.nz (Paul Gillingwater) (10/28/88)

We are doing software development that is intended for a Hispanic-
language customer.  We would like to use vi as our programming
editor, but it seems that it strips the eighth bit from characters
which are entered using the compose key on a VT220 compatible terminal.

Can someone please advise me how to force vi to desist from this obnoxious
behaviour, or tell me which SCO Xenix editor can be used?   And if
someone says EMACS, then please tell me where I can obtain a copy of
it for SCO Xenix 2.2, real fast!

Like, gag me with a popen(),

--
Paul Gillingwater --> Path: ...!uunet!vuwcomp!dsiramd!csnz!paul
Computer Sciences of New Zealand Ltd.  	Domain: paul@csnz.co.nz

jfh@rpp386.Dallas.TX.US (The Beach Bum) (10/31/88)

In article <85@csnz.nz> paul@csnz.co.nz (Paul Gillingwater) writes:
>                                                            And if
>someone says EMACS, then please tell me where I can obtain a copy of
>it for SCO Xenix 2.2, real fast!

Your nearest comp.sources.unix archive site should have a copy of
any number of EMACS'.  I have Micro-GNU-Emacs 3.9 [e?] here.  I
suggest you find a source down-under if you don't want to pay
mucho bucks on toll charges.
--
John F. Haugh II                        +----Make believe quote of the week----
VoiceNet: (214) 250-3311   Data: -6272  | Nancy Reagan on Richard Stallman: