[comp.unix.xenix] Using MSWindows under Xenix

clark@sssinc.COM (G. Clark Brown) (11/08/88)

We are thinking about running a MicroSoft Windows application on a Xenix
machine.  Has anyone done this?  Any suggestions about things to try or
to stay away from?

Thanks,
Clark

killer!sssinc!clark

fyl@ssc.UUCP (Phil Hughes) (11/12/88)

In article <334@sssinc.COM>, clark@sssinc.COM (G. Clark Brown) writes:
> We are thinking about running a MicroSoft Windows application on a Xenix
> machine.  Has anyone done this?  Any suggestions about things to try or
> to stay away from?

I was (am still am) considering writing an article on running such things
as Pagemaker under Unix.  I talked to Aldus and they said if windows runs,
pagemaker will run.  I talked to SCO and they said windows works fine.

So, there are not facts but the rumors are in your favor.
I would be interested to hear the results before I dive in.

--
Phil Hughes, SSC, Inc. P.O. Box 55549, Seattle, WA 98155  (206)FOR-UNIX
    uw-beaver!tikal!ssc!fyl or uunet!pilchuck!ssc!fyl or attmail!ssc!fyl