[comp.unix.xenix] B+ Tree Packages

uucp@ucdavis.ucdavis.edu (uucp) (12/02/88)

Davis, Ca
From: tuck@iris.ucdavis.edu (Devon Tuck)

Can anyone recommend a good package of "tried-and-true" B+ Tree tools?  My
supervisor wants to enhance an existing data-retrieval system which
currently relies solely upon hashing.  We need source code, preferably in
C or Fortran 77.

Thanks in advance,
	Devon Tuck - tuck@iris.ucdavis.edu

fyl@ssc.UUCP (Phil Hughes) (12/04/88)

In article <3340@ucdavis.ucdavis.edu>, uucp@ucdavis.ucdavis.edu (uucp) writes:

> Can anyone recommend a good package of "tried-and-true" B+ Tree tools?  My
> supervisor wants to enhance an existing data-retrieval system which
> currently relies solely upon hashing.  We need source code, preferably in
> C or Fortran 77.

Softfocus, 1343 Stanbury Dr, Oakville, Ontario, CANADA L6L 2J5,
416-825-0903 has a great set of b-tree and ISAM routines.  It is
distributed as source and seems to work on DOS, XENIX and every UNIX I
have tried.  Reasonable in price (I don't remember as it has been years
since I initially bought the stuff) and inexpensive updates available.

The comments in the code are great (useful and funny).  SoftFocus is
a small business (like 3 people) and they will answer the phone and
solve your problems.

--
Phil Hughes, SSC, Inc. P.O. Box 55549, Seattle, WA 98155  (206)FOR-UNIX
    uw-beaver!tikal!ssc!fyl or uunet!pilchuck!ssc!fyl or attmail!ssc!fyl