[comp.unix.xenix] X-windows for Xenix

debra@alice.UUCP (Paul De Bra) (01/15/89)

In article <117@smosjc.UUCP> john@smosjc.UUCP (John Conover) writes:
>Does anyone know the availability of X-Windows for Xenix?

According to the SCO Directory Graphic Software Systems Inc.
has X11 for SCO Xenix 386. It requires a system with 4Mbytes and
EGA, VGA or DGIS 34010 controller.

(address 9590 SW Gemini Drive, Beaverton, OR 97005)

I have not seen this product yet, and never had any contact with
this company.

Paul.
|debra@research.att.com   | uunet!research!debra     |

vipoon@kepler1.UUCP (Victor I Poon) (01/17/89)

In article <8763@alice.UUCP> debra@alice.UUCP () writes:
>In article <117@smosjc.UUCP> john@smosjc.UUCP (John Conover) writes:
>>Does anyone know the availability of X-Windows for Xenix?
>
>According to the SCO Directory Graphic Software Systems Inc.
>has X11 for SCO Xenix 386. It requires a system with 4Mbytes and
>EGA, VGA or DGIS 34010 controller.
>
>(address 9590 SW Gemini Drive, Beaverton, OR 97005)

	I saw a demonstration of the X-window system for SCO at one
of the trade shows.  They had several windows running on the console
and it was quite a nice.  The salesman said that would be available
for release sometime in January but he wouldn't be more specific.
He also mentioned that the price would be around $800 for the entire
package (I guess he meant with the x-libraries).

	Since that was the only application running on a 25MHz 386
system, it was pretty fast.  I would've like to see X-windows running
on several other terminals, like the Sun River's, and see what kind
of performance degradation occurs.

Victor
--
Victor I. Poon				{acsm, sbcs, polyof}!kepler1!vipoon
Kepler Financial Management, Ltd.