[comp.unix.xenix] Everex Tape Backup config problem in SCO 2.3.1

morris@ontenv.UUCP (D. Wayne Morris) (01/27/89)

I am having many problems installing an Everex Excel Stream 60 tape
drive on an Everex 3000 machine (386) running SCO Xenix ver 2.3.1.
It is not one of the units supported in the release notes but it does
use a QIC-02 controller. The release notes say that most QIC-02
controllers will work with the OS.
Has anyone had any experiences installing this unit in Xenix?
I need to know what type of controller (A,W,X,T,E,M,...)
	what DMA channel
	what interrupt
	what base address.
muchas gracias.

fyl@ssc.UUCP (Phil Hughes) (01/31/89)

In article <388@ontenv.UUCP>, morris@ontenv.UUCP (D. Wayne Morris) writes:
> I am having many problems installing an Everex Excel Stream 60 tape
> drive on an Everex 3000 machine (386) running SCO Xenix ver 2.3.1.
> Has anyone had any experiences installing this unit in Xenix?

I installed XENIX (2.3.2) on a 386 system just to make some comparisons.
The system had Everex tape on it.  Here is what worked:
	Type=W
	Base=300H
	DAM=1
	IRQ=5
Seemed to run fine but the system is now running ENIX (Everex UNIX).
Hope this helps.
--
Phil Hughes, SSC, Inc. P.O. Box 55549, Seattle, WA 98155  (206)FOR-UNIX
    uw-beaver!tikal!ssc!fyl or uunet!pilchuck!ssc!fyl or attmail!ssc!fyl