[comp.unix.xenix] RTS/CTS flow-control problem with Xenix386 2.3.1 & ArNet Multiport

gm@romeo.cs.duke.edu (Greg McGary) (02/01/89)

A friend who doesn't have USENET access is having problems getting
RTS/CTS flow control working with Xenix386 2.3.1 and an ArNet Multiport
board.  He's put a break-out box on the line and sees that the
peripheral device (some form of serial/parallel converter box) is
properly raising and dropping CTS, but Xenix is ignoring it and
sending at full-speed without letup.  On the Xenix end, he's got
a `sleep 10000 </dev/ttyXX &' (for some XX) holding the line open,
and he's done an `stty ctsflow </dev/ttyXX' to tell the driver to do
RTS/CTS.  He's tried this on all possible /dev/ttyXX names for the port
(i.e., the modem & terminal /dev/ttyXX names)

Any ideas about what may be wrong, or other experiments to try?

Please respond to me (Greg McGary) via mail, or if you wish, you can
speak to David Harrison directly at (919) 227-6211 (daytime)

Thanks in advance!
-- Greg McGary
-- 4201 University Drive #102, Durham, NC 27707       voice: (919) 490-6037
-- {decvax,hplabs,seismo,mcnc}!duke!gm                 data: (919) 493-5953
--                                  gm@cs.duke.edu

jbayer@ispi.UUCP (Jonathan Bayer) (02/02/89)

In article <13344@duke.cs.duke.edu> gm@romeo.cs.duke.edu (Greg McGary) writes:
>A friend who doesn't have USENET access is having problems getting
>RTS/CTS flow control working with Xenix386 2.3.1 and an ArNet Multiport
>board.  He's put a break-out box on the line and sees that the

Have your friend call SCOand request the

	RTS/CTS/Handshaking Supplement

It is SLS #xnx105.

It corrects problems using RTS/CTS handshaking.

JB
--
Jonathan Bayer			      Beware: The light at the end of the
Intelligent Software Products, Inc.	      tunnel may be an oncoming dragon