[comp.unix.xenix] rn, vnews, help!

storm@reign.UUCP (storm development account) (02/04/89)

	Does anyone out there have 'rn' or 'vnews' running under XENIX?
I keep getting errors that say 'data/stack segment over 64K' when
compiling under medium model and get internal compiler error when I
try the hugh model.

	Any help is appreciated.  NetNews is great but 'readnews' gets
to be a pain at times!

	Thanks,
	Storm

--

uunet!reign!storm			If you're going to walk on thin ice,
					     You might as well dance.

jbayer@ispi.UUCP (Jonathan Bayer) (02/04/89)

In article <244@reign.UUCP> storm@reign.UUCP (storm development account) writes:

>	Does anyone out there have 'rn' or 'vnews' running under XENIX?
>I keep getting errors that say 'data/stack segment over 64K' when
>compiling under medium model and get internal compiler error when I
>try the hugh model.

What version of Xenix?  It sounds like 286.  I have both running (with source).
However, I suggest you call SCO (assuming it is SCO Xenix) and ask for the
netnews disk.  It has both rn and vnews.

JB

--
Jonathan Bayer			      Beware: The light at the end of the
Intelligent Software Products, Inc.	      tunnel may be an oncoming dragon

vcc@eecs.nwu.edu (Guest from Vogelback) (02/06/89)

I got the vnews distributed with the netnews B 2.11 package to run under Xenix
286.  The flags I used for cc were -M2l -LARGE.  Link flags were -s -i -F 5000.

Rich Skrenta

skrenta@gamma.eecs.nwu.edu