[comp.unix.xenix] SCO Xenix 2.3.1 : "fixhdr -La" doesn't work

pim@ctisbv.UUCP (Pim Zandbergen) (02/03/89)

Hi,

It seems the -La option for fixhdr(C) does not work
for binaries compiled with the 2.2 development system.

This option is supposed to make binaries use
advisory file locking when executed on a 2.3 kernel.
(see the 2.3.1 Run Time release notes, page 38).

The only binaries using advisory file locking, as far as I could
see, are those compiled on a Unix V/386 system.

Is this a bug in fixhdr(C), or will I have to wait (about 2 or 3 months,
according to our distributor) for the 2.3 development system?
--
--------------------+----------------------+-----------------------------------
Pim Zandbergen      | phone: +31 70 542302 | CTI Software BV

rosso@sco.COM (Ross Oliver) (02/08/89)

In article <675@ctisbv.UUCP> pim@ctisbv.UUCP (Pim Zandbergen) writes:
>It seems the -La option for fixhdr(C) does not work
>for binaries compiled with the 2.2 development system.

That's right.  For -La to have any effect, you must compile
your program using the new libraries included in the 2.3 Development
System.

>Is this a bug in fixhdr(C), or will I have to wait (about 2 or 3 months,
>according to our distributor) for the 2.3 development system?

The 2.3 Development System began shipping about 10 days ago.  Last
I heard, we have shipped about 1,900 of them so far.

Ross Oliver
Technical Support
The Santa Cruz Operation, Inc.