[comp.unix.xenix] assembly language

tensor@killer.DALLAS.TX.US (Steven Murphy) (02/06/89)

Hello again.

	I would like to know how to make the -S option of the Xenix
C compiler suitable to present to the asm or masm assemblers under
Xenix286 2.2 development system. Also can anyone recommend a book
on 80x86 assembly language that is not DOS specific. (i.e. no int 21
type intructions). Thank you once again.

						Steve

ag@elgar.UUCP (Keith Gabryelski) (02/07/89)

In article <7046@killer.DALLAS.TX.US> tensor@killer.DALLAS.TX.US
(Steven Murphy) writes:
>I would like to know how to make the -S option of the Xenix C
>compiler suitable to present to the asm or masm assemblers under
>Xenix286 2.2 development system.

I assume you are using a 386 system and want assembler code for a 286
2.2 system, eh?  If not, `cc -S foo.c' should work.

The 386 dev sys has:

	/bin/cc
	/bin/cc286
	/bin/cc386

cc -M0e -s foo.c	# for 8086
cc -M2e -s foo.c	# for 80286
cc -M3e -s foo.c	# for 80386

should do you.

Pax, Keith
--
ag@elgar.CTS.COM         Keith Gabryelski          ...!{ucsd, crash}!elgar!ag

rosso@sco.COM (Ross Oliver) (02/08/89)

In article <7046@killer.DALLAS.TX.US> tensor@killer.DALLAS.TX.US (Steven Murphy) writes:
>	I would like to know how to make the -S option of the Xenix
>C compiler suitable to present to the asm or masm assemblers under
>Xenix286 2.2 development system.

The -S option doesn't include all the necessary of the SEGMENT declarations
and other fluff that Masm requires.  To get an assembly language file
that will be acceptable to Masm, use -Fa instead of -S.

Ross Oliver
Technical Support
The Santa Cruz Operation, Inc.