[comp.unix.xenix] PC-SAS under VP/ix or DosMerge

jim@forgen.UUCP (Jim Hood) (02/08/89)

Has anyone run, or tried to run, PC-SAS (Statisical Analysis System,
SAS Institute, etc) in one of the "DOS under Unix" environments
(VP/ix or Dosmerge (sp ?)? I would appreciate any comments, reviews
critiques, etc.
--
Jim Hood, OMNR, Toronto
jim@forgen.UUCP or { uunet!attcan  pyramid!utai  utzoo }!lsuc!forgen!jim

phil@wubios.wustl.edu (J. Philip Miller) (02/09/89)

In article <229@forgen.UUCP> jim@forgen.UUCP (Jim Hood) writes:
>Has anyone run, or tried to run, PC-SAS (Statisical Analysis System,
>SAS Institute, etc) in one of the "DOS under Unix" environments

A number of people have reported what our tests confirm, it runs fine on the
SUN 386i--not as quick as running under DOS on an equivalet 386 machine, but
at least at the level of a 20MHz 286.  SAS is also able to use additional
memory that is important for big problems.  The big disappointment is of
course the graphics - CGA mode only.  SUN has promised to fix this so that a
more reasonable SAS/Graph output appears in the DOS window.

-phil

PS: Although true at one time, SAS no longer stands for Statistical Analysis
System - just stands for SAS!
--
-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
J. Philip Miller - Div of Biostat - Washington Univ Medical School

m1tag00@fed.frb.gov (Tim A. Grunwald) (02/09/89)

In article <229@forgen.UUCP>, jim@forgen (Jim Hood) writes:
>Has anyone run, or tried to run, PC-SAS (Statisical Analysis System,
>SAS Institute, etc) in one of the "DOS under Unix" environments
>(VP/ix or Dosmerge (sp ?)? I would appreciate any comments, reviews
>critiques, etc.

	Why use DOS under Unix environments, SAS runs directly under
unix.

	Tim Grunwald
	Federal Reserve Board, Washington, DC, 20551
	uucp: uunet!fed!m1tag00   internet: m1tag00@fed.frb.gov