[comp.unix.xenix] SCO xenix manuals

evh@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Troy Saville) (02/19/89)

We have a set of xenix manuals where i work.
problem is that someone else is always using
the manuals when some other person wants to use
the manuals. Does anyone know how much a seperate
set of manuals(a full set you get when you order the OS)
costs??? perhaps on regular sheets of paper instead of
those dinky little manuals.

evh@vax1.acs.udel.edu

fyl@ssc.UUCP (Phil Hughes) (02/21/89)

In article <2888@udccvax1.acs.udel.EDU>, evh@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Troy Saville) writes:

> We have a set of xenix manuals where i work.
> problem is that someone else is always using
> the manuals when some other person wants to use
> the manuals. Does anyone know how much a seperate
> set of manuals(a full set you get when you order the OS)
> costs???

In the recent releases of SCO Xenix online man pages have been distributed
with the text processing system.  You can just print out the pages you
want and/or all of the commands.

For me, I prefer those handy pocket references but when you work
for the company that writes them I guess you can get addicted. :-)
--
Phil Hughes, SSC, Inc. P.O. Box 55549, Seattle, WA 98155  (206)FOR-UNIX
    uw-beaver!tikal!ssc!fyl or uunet!pilchuck!ssc!fyl or attmail!ssc!fyl

noel@uBBS-NH.MV.COM (Noel Del More) (02/23/89)

Saville)  writes:

> Does anyone know how much a seperate set of manuals (a full set you  get
> when  you  order  the  OS) costs???  perhaps on regular sheets of paper
> instead of those dinky little manuals.

SCO currently sells their manuals at $50-60 per manual, ie. ringbinder,
plus shipping.  I know this from buying extra manuals for single binder
manuals only so I do not know what something like the complete OS set
would cost.  Contact the sales dept. at SCO to be sure.

Sorry, its still them dinky little manuals.

Noel

        |uBBS-NH  (New England Unix Archive)  Nashua, NH  603 880-8120|
Noel B. Del More                     |                      noel@uBBS-NH.MV.COM
17 Meredith Drive                    |       {decvax|harvard}!zinn!uBBS-NH!noel
Nashua, New Hampshire  03063         |
                It's unix me son!  'taint spozed tah make cents!