[comp.unix.xenix] Loading Excel under VP/ix

tan@bronson.UUCP (Tan Bronson) (02/25/89)

    I'm trying to load Excel 2.0 on my VP/ix system and am not having to
much luck.  The first try I got a message which said something like:
	illegal execution at xxxx:yyyy

    I gave up thinking that Excel required a '286 or better, but when I
decided to give it a try last night to write down the error message so I
could call SCO, I got much further! This time it whined about a lack of
disk space and refused to install!
    Needless to say I'm not humored. I've got 7000+ blocks free, but VP/ix
only thinks I've got 1m+ free.

    So I've got two questions:
    - does anyone have Excel running on VP/ix ?
    - how do I fool the installation into thinking I have enough disk space ?

    thanks
Tan Bronson		(home) tan@microvation.com (or tan@bronson.uucp)
Microvation Consultants (work) bronson@multiflow.com
Madison, CT 06443

bob@rel.eds.com (Bob Leffler) (02/26/89)

In article <2@bronson.UUCP>, tan@bronson.UUCP (Tan Bronson) writes:

>     I'm trying to load Excel 2.0 on my VP/ix system and am not having to
> much luck.  The first try I got a message which said something like:
> 	illegal execution at xxxx:yyyy

text deleted

>     So I've got two questions:
>     - does anyone have Excel running on VP/ix ?
>     - how do I fool the installation into thinking I have enough disk space ?

Does MS Windows load under VP/IX?   I would have thought that Windows would
have caused more problems with the display than Excel.

As far as the disk space problem goes, I would assume that if all the *.ini
files are directed to a filesystem that has plenty of room, there shouldn't
be a problem.  Typically the default *.ini files need to be modified.

--
Bob Leffler - Electronic Data Systems (313)456-5375
bob@rel.eds.com or {uunet!edsews, rutgers, sharkey}!rel!bob