[comp.unix.xenix] spreadsheet sw wanted

karlh@ico.ISC.COM (Karl Hanzel) (03/02/89)

Does anybody have a public domain spreadsheet program that runs on xenix?
Docs too?  Thanks in advance!

pax,
   Karl
   *----->

fyl@ssc.UUCP (Phil Hughes) (03/03/89)

In article <15396@ico.ISC.COM>, karlh@ico.ISC.COM (Karl Hanzel) writes:
> Does anybody have a public domain spreadsheet program that runs on xenix?
> Docs too?  Thanks in advance!

We have a program called PubliCalc.  It was based on James Gosling's
spreadsheet of many years ago.  We have rewritten about 50% of the
code and offer it as quasi-public domain.  $10 for a XENIX or 386 UNIX
binary with man pages, $10 for the manual we wrote or $50 for Source
code and the manual.  You can do anything you want with the software
(one person ported it to Chromix and is selling it) but the manual is
copyrighted.

We originally did it as a show gimmick (big sign that said spread sheet -
$10) to get people to stop in our booth (we sell pocket references and a
few years ago people only would stop if you had a computer in your
booth.

--
Phil Hughes, SSC, Inc. P.O. Box 55549, Seattle, WA 98155  (206)FOR-UNIX
    uw-beaver!tikal!ssc!fyl or uunet!pilchuck!ssc!fyl or attmail!ssc!fyl

pcng@cad.jmrc.eecs.unsw.oz (Po Cheung Ng ) (03/03/89)

From article <15396@ico.ISC.COM>, by karlh@ico.ISC.COM (Karl Hanzel):
> Does anybody have a public domain spreadsheet program that runs on xenix?
> Docs too?  Thanks in advance!
>
> pax,
>    Karl
>    *----->

Try sc (or vc) v5.2 from Robert Bond at

    Robert Bond 			ihnp4!nsc!nscpdc!rgb
    National Semiconductor		tektronix!nscpdc!rgb

This is a much modified version of the public domain spread sheet sc,
posted a year or two ago by Mark Weiser as vc, originally by James Gosling.

I got it compiled and run on SCO Xenix V/286 v2.2.3.

       _   _. __   _,
---   /_)_(__/) )_(_)_		[ Also known as Andrew ]

Po Cheung NG                               ISD:  +61 2 697-4056
JMRC, School of Elec. Eng. and Comp. Sci., STD:  (02) 697-4056
The University of New South Wales,         FAX:  +61 2 662-2087
PO Box 1, Kensington,         ARPA: pcng%cad.jmrc.eecs.unsw.oz.au@uunet.uu.net
Sydney, NSW 2033,             JANET: cad.jmrc.eecs.unsw.oz!pcng@ukc
AUSTRALIA.                    ACSnet: pcng@cad.jmrc.eecs.unsw.oz

UUCP:  {enea,hplabs,mcvax,prlb2,uunet,ubc-vision,ukc}!munnari!cad.jmrc.eecs.unsw.oz!pcng