[comp.unix.xenix] AT bus extender ?

ruediger@ramz.UUCP (Ruediger Helsch) (03/02/89)

Hello USENETters!

We are currently assembling an image processing system. We wanted to
use a Compaq 386 running Xenix. The boards are already chosen, but we
are suddenly facing one problem: The Compaq has 8 I/O connectors, and
we have 9 interfaces (one slot for the memory extender, 4 for the image
processing hardware ...).

Is it possible to extend the AT bus, using e.g. an extension chassis?
Where can we buy such a beast? Or are there 386s with more than 8 slots?

Please answer per mail to ruediger@ramz.uucp. I will post a summary.

sl@van-bc.UUCP (pri=-10 Stuart Lynne) (03/04/89)

In article <873@ramz.UUCP> ruediger@ramz.UUCP (Ruediger Helsch) writes:

>Is it possible to extend the AT bus, using e.g. an extension chassis?
>Where can we buy such a beast? Or are there 386s with more than 8 slots?

TI 1300 series have 13 slots, 8 full size, and 5 half (actually a little
more like 3/5) size. Also 6 (half-height) drive bays, and a fairly hefty
power supply.

--
Stuart.Lynne@wimsey.bc.ca {ubc-cs,uunet}!van-bc!sl     Vancouver,BC,604-937-7532