[comp.unix.xenix] Request uEMACS for SCO XENIX

garyb@crpmks.UUCP (Gary M. Blumenstein) (03/01/89)

Does anyone have a working version (source code) of micro emacs for SCO
XENIX?  If so I would be greatly interested in obtaining it.  Thanks.
--
Gary M. Blumenstein  c/o
CIBA-GEIGY Corporation, U.S.A.         7 Skyline Drive, Hawthorne, NY 10502

debra@alice.UUCP (Paul De Bra) (03/03/89)

In article <943@crpmks.UUCP> garyb@crpmks.UUCP (Gary M. Blumenstein) writes:
>Does anyone have a working version (source code) of micro emacs for SCO
>XENIX?  If so I would be greatly interested in obtaining it.  Thanks.

The source available from the archives (I tried both 3.8b and 3.9e) compile
and run without any problem if you set the machine-definitions so the makefile
thinks you have a V7 system, and you use TERMCAP.
Don't forget to use the large model if you want to be able to edit files of
reasonable size.

Paul.
|debra@research.att.com   | uunet!research!debra     |

root@conexch.UUCP (Larry Dighera) (03/09/89)

In article <943@crpmks.UUCP> garyb@crpmks.UUCP (Gary M. Blumenstein) writes:
>Does anyone have a working version (source code) of micro emacs for SCO
>XENIX?  If so I would be greatly interested in obtaining it.  Thanks.

You can get a version of Micro EMACS that will compile and run under
SCO Xenix 286 from conexch via anonymous UUCP.  There's a Systems/L.sys
line in the .signature.  You will find many other programs available
as well.  If you uucp /usr3/public/FILES to your machine, you'll have
a list of what is available.

Larry Dighera

--
USPS: The Consultants' Exchange, PO Box 12100, Santa Ana, CA  92712
TELE: (714) 842-6348: BBS (N81); (714) 842-5851: Xenix guest account (E71)