[comp.unix.xenix] panic - unknown interrupt

maxim@subch.UUCP (Maxim Samo) (03/07/89)

I am running SCO Xenix V 2.2.1 on a 80286. The following problem turned up
today:

When I try to access my printer (either with cat or lp) when the printer is
turned off I get the following panic:

panic - interrupt from unknown device   vec=2

Any ideas?

        Maxim
--
SMAIL:	Maxim Samo		|	 UUCP: maxim@subch.UUCP
	P.O.Box			|	 BANG: {backbone}!impch!subch!maxim

gillisb@mist.cs.orst.edu (Brian Gillis) (03/11/89)

In article <69@subch.UUCP> maxim%subch@impch.UUCP (Maxim Samo) writes:
>I am running SCO Xenix V 2.2.1 on a 80286. The following problem turned up
>today:
>
>When I try to access my printer (either with cat or lp) when the printer is
>turned off I get the following panic:
>
>panic - interrupt from unknown device   vec=2
>
>Any ideas?

I had that problem with SCO Xenix/386 on a Tandy 4000.
When I called SCO about it,  they had a little patch for it.

Good Luck,
Brian Gillis
gillisb@gsd.UUCP
hp-pcd!gsd!gillisb