[comp.unix.xenix] TCP/IP using the KA9Q package

" Maynard) (03/15/89)

In article <1093@jpusa1.UUCP> stu@jpusa1.chi.il.us (Stu Heiss,6312,6334,) writes:
>In article <483@tiamat.fsc.com> jim@tiamat.fsc.com (Jim O'Connor) writes:
>-I have seen several articles lately about SLIP and the KAQ9 TCP/IP software
>-package and would like to ask a few questions:

(actually, it's KA9Q, after Phil Karn's amateur callsign)

>-1) will this software run on SCO Xenix 386 version 2.3.1?

Yes.

>-2) has anyone been able to compile and use it under any 80286 based *nix
>-   (particularly Xenix) ?

I'm running it now under Microport 2.4, and it's in use across the country
on Xenix.

>-3) where do I get the sources?

It's available:
1) anonymous FTP on louie.udel.edu (pub/ka9q);
2) a couple of BBSs here and there.

>How about someone posting this to alt.sources.  Please.

It might go to comp.sources.unix, but it's really pretty huge, and posting
it might not be appropriate at all.

--
Jay Maynard, EMT-P, K5ZC, PP-ASEL   | Never ascribe to malice that which can
uucp:        uunet!nuchat!   (eieio)| adequately be explained by stupidity.

jr@uplherc.UUCP (J.R. Westmoreland) (03/15/89)

In article <2537@splut.UUCP>, jay@splut.UUCP (Jay "you ignorant splut!" Maynard) writes:
> In article <1093@jpusa1.UUCP> stu@jpusa1.chi.il.us (Stu Heiss,6312,6334,) writes:
> >In article <483@tiamat.fsc.com> jim@tiamat.fsc.com (Jim O'Connor) writes:
> >-1) will this software run on SCO Xenix 386 version 2.3.1?
>
> Yes.

I'm currently running this package for both amateur radio packet and SL/IP.
I had to make a few mods to the version that I have since the UNIX portion of the code had not
been kept up to date with the DOS version.  I believe that the only outstanding problem has to do with
the NetRom portion of the code.

The versions of XENIX that I have run this code under are:
v2.2.3
v2.3.1

I also have a new version of the mailer that supports uucp addressing format plus other features.

J.R. Westmoreland, N7MFF

karl@ficc.uu.net (karl lehenbauer) (03/17/89)

In article <2537@splut.UUCP>, jay@splut.UUCP (Jay "you ignorant splut!" Maynard) writes:
> >How about someone posting this to alt.sources.  Please.

> It might go to comp.sources.unix, but it's really pretty huge, and posting
> it might not be appropriate at all.

Also note that Phil Karn is working on a major new release, due out in a couple
of months.

--
-- uunet!ficc!karl	"An expression of deep worry and concern failed to
-- karl@ficc.uu.net	 cross either of Zaphod's faces."  -- Hitchiker's Guide