[comp.unix.xenix] Hayes 9600 dialer

russ@bbx.UUCP (Russ Kepler) (03/23/89)

I recently came into possesion of a Hayes V series 9600 baud
modem.  I really would like to use it at 9600 baud, using
the auto speed detection, etc.

Before hacking on the dialHA24.c code:  Anyone out done this
already?  Would you part with the file?

Thanks in advance.
--
Russ Kepler -  Basis International
SNAILMAIL:  5901 Jefferson NE, Albuquerque, NM 87109

adc@unh.UUCP (Andrew D. Christie) (03/28/89)

In article <882@bbx.UUCP>, russ@bbx.UUCP (Russ Kepler) writes:
> I recently came into possesion of a Hayes V series 9600 baud
> modem.  I really would like to use it at 9600 baud, using
> the auto speed detection, etc.

Where I am working now we are using Hayes V-series modems both 2400 and 9600.
We spent a lot of time and effort trying to get them to work with uucp.
The only mode that seems to work is to tell the modem to go into dumb mode i.e.
act just like a regular Hayes smartmodem 2400 baud.

Without telling it to act dumb it would always get into some kind of infinite
loop sending packets.

If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know!

I tried to tell my boss to buy telebits by if it does not say Hayes he won't
touch it.

Login name: adc       			In real life: Andrew D. Christie
uunet!unh!adc